Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating digital output signal of 5V

I have PCI 6143 board and I am trying to use digital output ports on the board to send a 5 V TTL signal to a power supply to trigger start the same.
I am not familiar with programming LabView for digital ouput. Can anyone guide me through the process of setting up a VI to do the job. I need to maintain the 5V signal until the user hits the STOP button.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,739 Views)

Hi,

Here is an example VI.

You can use this to generate a digital output on any of the 8 Digital lines /channels present on your PCI 6143.

Once you press stop, All the Digital output channels will return to Boolean low.

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,732 Views)

Hello dbansal,

In addition to the code that Dev has posted for your use, please check out the LabVIEW Example Finder at Help >> Find Examples for help getting started.  To find examples that do digital output, browse to Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >> Digital Generation.  Or, since your application seems pretty straight-forward, you could use the DAQ Assistant to get started. 

There is a very thorough Complete Data Acquisition Tutorial with links under the Tutorials and Techniques section to DAQmx Express VI Tutorial and Using the DAQ Assistant to Automatically Generate LabVIEW Code

Hope this helps!

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,713 Views)