Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate continuous digital output samples with ni 6713

I want to generate continuous digital output with NI PCI 6713. However, it gives Error 200077.

"Error -200077 occurred at DAQ Assistant
Possible Reason(s):

Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.

Property: SampTimingType
You Have Requested: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand"

Could you please tell me about what should I do to generate?

Thank you very much

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,007 Views)

Hi giangnguyen,

The Error -200077 refers to when the user attempts to use something for a device that is not supported.  In this case, it is that we are trying to use hardware timing for hardware that only supports software timing

Please reference the Digital I/O section from the specifications tab for the PCI-6713 product page at: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/10702

We can then reference the Timing is software timed.  This means that we have to use software to tell the card to output.  With that said, we will not be able to use the DAQmx Timing node before starting the task.  The Timing Node is used to configure hardware timed settings for the DAQmx supported hardware.

A good starting point would be to use a shipping example for Write Digital Channel.  This can be found with LabVIEW open by navigating to Help»Find Examples... and then choosing Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Digital Generation»Write Dig Chan.vi

software timed write.png

This will allow you to write to your desired line using software timing.

Best of luck,

Adam F

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,996 Views)