From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Systems.vi doesn't list any of my cDAQ 9189 chassis in detected systems.

Hi there,

I was wondering if any one of you have an issue with Find Systems.VI (under system configuration) that it doesn't list any online cDAQ chassis for some computers. I'm having this bizarre issue that Find systems.vi list online systems on one computer and not the another.

Please advise if there are some windows settings needs to be done for this. Any help will very much be appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,

Jatin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,680 Views)

You need to have proper version of DAQmx to recognize the chassis. Do the PCs have the same versions of DAQmx installed or are they different? You need to have DAQmx 17.1 or greater to support cDAQ-9189. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,616 Views)

In addition to what @pipipi0405 mentioned above, the underlying discovery technology used by the Find Systems.vi is DNS Service Discovery over Multicast DNS, which might be blocked by a firewall on one system but not the other. (Multicast DNS uses UDP port 5353.)

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,601 Views)