Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FieldDaq FD-11614 - Both banks of TC channels are not accessible at the same time

This is not really multifunction DAQ, it is a thermocouple card, but I can't find another place to ask this.  It is a FieldDaq Ethernet device.  

There are 16 channels, arranged in two "banks" of 8 chs.  I can start an acquisition of one channel on one bank, but then the other bank is locked out.  I get Error -200022, "Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task."  It makes no difference which bank I start first, the other bank gives that error.  I can't find any documentation of it.  

I would have guessed that the banks are independent, but I guess they are working off of the same network resource?   I can find nothing in the online documentation about this.  

TIA

Ed K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(973 Views)

BTW that's DAQmx 19.6

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(940 Views)

Based on the error you experienced, it looks like there is only one Timing Engine on the instrument which means, it can do only one task at any point in time.

When the first bank is measured as part of the first task, the Timing Engine is reserved and the task for the second bank cannot reserve the Timing engine.

You could put all 16 channels into a single task if you want to measure them together. I will try to find the details for your reference.

Only a few instruments are multi-task instruments where more than one task can access the instrument at the same time.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(917 Views)

The banks show up as separate devices in MAX.  So I created a task using both banks.  When I run I get error -201425: The multidevice task does not have a method for synchronizing timing that is compatible with all of the included devices."  So it looks like you hit it. 

To which I reply, NI, you have got to be freaking kidding me.  I bought a 16-channel device that is only good for 8 channels at a time?  A very expensive device, no less.  

I can redraw my code to open and start the tasks only when I need to read the devices, rather than open them all at startup.  I am surprised I need to do that.  

Thanks for pointing me to the right error message.   

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(866 Views)

The interesting thing to me is that I can see the same error even with a Simulated instrument, this means that it is either a Driver bug or really an HW limitation that is well-replicated in the simulated version.

santo_13_0-1617637667796.png

If possible, raise a support request so that NI engineers could internally find the reason why this happens https://www.ni.com/my-support/s/service-requests

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(862 Views)