From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure message during DAQmx installation. PCIe-6361

Hello,

I just upgraded the operation system of a computer from WinXP to Win7. Win7 is necessary to connect this computer to our company network.

With WinXP the installation of the driver for the PCIe card went smoothly and the card was recognized by the PC.

With the new operating system the is a failure message: "The NI-DAQmx MIO device Drivers for 64 Bit Windows 2.10.0 installation has failed"

I already uninstalled the drivers and restarted. I used DAQmx Version 9.5 and also 9.7 with the same result.

The computer might be somehow special because it has 2 Processor cards with different operating systems installed on a back board. However, with Windows XP there was no problem with this. On other PCs with the same Win7 company software the installation went smoothly.

What do I need to do install the PCIe 6361 card manually? Which inf file is related to this card?

Thank you in advance for your support!

Klaus Seelbach

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,135 Views)

Hi,

after you have uninstalled the DAQmx driver, please delete the NI-DAQ folder in Program Files » National Instruments. It solved a similar problem in the past.

Aurelie

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,112 Views)