Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples of Frequency Response Function. vi

HI

I am trying to build a dual channel spectrum anlyser to get two input signals ( X and Y) and get their transfer function (magnitude and Phase)in Labview 7.1. The example finder has only two examples of FRF. Does any body know where to find examples suited to my application.

Mal
Message 1 of 6
(4,672 Views)
Mal,

Try having a look at the Transfer function.vi on the all functions >> analyze >> signal processing >> frequency domain palette.

If this does not do quite what you are after, perhaps you could provide some further information on your application.

Regards

Kind Regards

Tristan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,659 Views)
Hi

I went through the examples.But they do not suit my requirement. But I am looking for a example of a dual channel spectrum analyser using the FRF vi to get the magnitude and phase of two signals (the transfer function). I am using Labview 7.1.

Thanks

Mal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,660 Views)
Mal,

There are several "FRF" or frequency response function vi's in Labview I have attached a very simple example of how to use the VIs. Let me know if this helps you....

Kind Regards

Tristan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,633 Views)
Hi

Thanks. What I am looking for is an example where a noise signal is fed to an UUT and this signal is fed as X, and the output of the UUT is taken as Y to the FRF. The FRF output gives magnitude and phase graphs with suitable window options.

Mal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,612 Views)
Mal,

It sounds like the system you are trying to build is as follows:
1. Simulate a noise signal
2. Perform AO of the noise to the UUT
3. Perform AI on the response of the UUT
4. Execute the FRF

You should be able to build up the program using Labview examples for AI and AO, then wiring the resulting two waveforms into the FRF function.

Regards

Tristan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,608 Views)