Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet cDAQ Chassis error -50405

Good morning,

I have a customer that has multiple cDAQ-9185 chassis connected to a virtual server running Windows Server 2016. I realize this type of setup is not officially supported but it is what my customer has and I have to deal with it. 

In the application I created an error logger that captures and logs errors in each of the modules in the application. 

This particular setup there is an intermittent error of -50405 which in the application with that error code I have the error logged and then the process stops the DAQ, clears the DAQmx task and then restarts the DAQ task. In the initial phase of the DAQ task initialization, I am calling the "reserve chassis" vi so that each time a restart of the process is done that the chassis is forced to reserve to this application.

What I notice when looking at the error log when this happens is that there is ongoing errors that keep getting larger in file size of the same error repeated every several milliseconds. The application is trying to reset and restart the DAQ task but there is an issue with the NIC interface.

As I mentioned before this is installed on a virtual machine as this client has all of their servers as virtual and they want the DAQ application to run on a server. 

Has anyone else in the communinty had this kind of setup and possibly these kind of issues? 

Do we need to tell the client that they must have a physical machine and NIC connected to a switch going out to the multiple chassis per site? 

I am getting a lot of pushback from this customer that it is not their network causing the issue, but in my experience with the NI ethernet chassis, their setup is contributing and possibly the root cause of the issues. 

Thanks in advance!

-Steven

Steven Howell
Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Jacobs Technologies
NASA Johnson Space Center
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(738 Views)