From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet based DIO suggestions

Hello,

I wanted to ask here on the forum, I was surprised with the search results searching for "Ethernet based DIO", I didn't find too many results with references to devices you guys are using in your applications.

As the title suggests, I'm looking for sggestions for ethernet based digital input and output devices you guys are successfully using with labview.  I have some experience with Acromag products which I do like, even though it's translated through modbus.  I've recently been tasked with working on a system that uses Sensoray's ethernet based DIO devices and Im having quite a bit of trouble getting things to work smoothly.  

So in general, does anyone have any pleasant experiences with any ethernet dio devices made by a company other than acromag or sensoray?

thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,059 Views)

I personally haven't used them, but you should look at NI's cDAQ.  They have a few Ethernet chassis.  They work with DAQmx.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,054 Views)

Hi Pat,

The NI cDAQ-9181, cDAQ-9184, and cDAQ-9188 are all cDAQ ethernet chassis, and you can use high speed DIO modules such as the NI-9401 or NI-9402.

Here are some some other Digital input and output modules:

http://sine.ni.com/np/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/daq/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n17:daq,n24:cDAQ,n4:7692/

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 4
(3,031 Views)

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking into them!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,029 Views)