Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Automation open, object specified is not creatable in xxx.vi

Dear NI technical support,

I am currently using an OMEGA Personal OMB-DAQ-3001 board and trying to connect it to Labview. I installed the drivers provided in the c.d. as well as the Labview support files.

In the Omega's Labview support files, there is an example called: "Personal DAQ 3001 Thermocouple Input Example.vi", and once I open it, I try to run it but get the following error:

Error 3005, Automation Open: Object specified is not creatable in Acquisition Initialize.vi->Personal Daq 3001 Thermocouple Input Example.vi

Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

By the way, I am using the DAQ board to measure the temperature using a thermocouple type K. Do I need to make Channel configuration somewhere in Labview or in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)? If yes, how do I configure the channels?

Another important remark, Labview does not seem to recognize the device. For instance, when I search for the drivers of the Omega DAQ board in the Labview palette: Functions, Express, Instrument Drivers. It does not show them.

It also does not show the Omega at the MAX "Devices and Interfaces" nor anywhere else on Labview. Furthermore, When I am configuring the DAQ Assistant, it says "None supported devices found " although I have the DAQ board connected through USB.  

I will really appreciate your help

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,855 Views)
Hi,

obviously your driver vis use ActiveX to talk to the driver of your hardware and for some reason the ActiveX automation doesn't work. This could be caused by e. g. a bad installation or a registration problem of the ActiveX server. One thing that you could try is to mass compile the directory that contains the driver vis and the examples for your board. If this doesn't help, you should check with the vendor.

As this is not an NI hardware, you can't configure and test it in MAX, so no action needs to be taken there. I don't have any experience with OMEGA hardware, so it's hard to give furthr advice.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,841 Views)

Hi there,

I'll have to use it in a couple of days, and I can't find the VI's driver from OMEGA...it's seems that we lost the CD... 😞

Could you post your library?

I will really appreciate your help

Regards,

Fakstory

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,681 Views)

Hi!

Im so sorry but I have left the company where I worked with the Omega DAQ board and so I do not have access to such drivers any longer.

Wish I could be of more help 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,670 Views)

Hello

I have the same problem (error 3005) with the DaqBoard 2000, but i don't know from where and the destination forlder I should copy the drives. Can you give me a tip?

Are this the  correct drives in the image bellow?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,357 Views)
Shouldn't you be asking Omega about how to install drivers for their hardware?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,343 Views)