cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -224606 Internal Software Error in MIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I get this error -224606: "Internal Software Error occured in MIO software. Please contact National Instruments Support."

It happens when I try to use the DAQmx Control Task.vi to abort a task which is waiting for a digital trigger of an analog acquistion which has no timeout..

I am using LabVIEW 2010 sp 1.  My  version of DAQmx is   9.2.3.  The device I am using is a DAQPad-6016

When I was running this software on a USB-6251 I didn't have this problem.

Any solutions?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,996 Views)

Hi pgaastra,

I am looking into your problem, in order to understand the problem in more depth it would be useful if you could upload a copy of your code so I can replicate the problem. 

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,986 Views)

Thanks Matt.

I have attached the VI where the problem occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,972 Views)

Hi pgaastra,

I have had a look at your VI and am unsure what you are trying to achive.  I have a few questions.

What are the notifiers your using at the start and in the while loop ment to be doing?

Also could you outline the processes you want your code to run through. As I am unsure exatly what you want it to do.

I have adapted your code so that the true/false of the case statment condition can be set manually and the code seems to run fine. I have included it so you can have a look to see if it does what you expect.   

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
Message 4 of 9
(5,961 Views)

Hi Matt

With this VI I am getting the signal from a device when the button on the device is pressed.  I have no timeout.  If the user decides to do something else other than press the button there has to be a way to abort the task.  This is my version of an NI example of how to stop a DAQmx task.

Thanks for your modified VI.  It causes the same error.  I get it running and press the T/F button you put on the front panel and I get. Error-224606 Internal Software Error in MIO as it does in my VI.

At the moment I can get round it by pressing continue on that error and the subsequent error but it's not nice.

Thanks for looking into it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,953 Views)

Hi pgaastra

I have set up some hardware and am unable to replicate the error.  So this is making it hard for me to fault find the problem.  From some research I have found an article that outlines a similar problem and the cause there was that the error occurred because there is still samples on the FIFO (first in first out) as the task is being aborted.  I have also found this artical about the error that might be worth a look.

let me know if this helps or not.

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
Message 6 of 9
(5,940 Views)

Thanks Matt,

I had already found that article and tried the things in there to no avail, except for calling National Instruments,

If you can't replicate it it must be some wierd combination of hardware and software that's the problem.  My boss suggested I rewrite the code to make the task have a timeout and loop round. 

I think I'll leave it the way it is with the errors coming up.  The customer is a patient sort of chap and won't mind having the errors come up every so often.

Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgaastra

Hi pgaastra,

Hmm, the error you are seeing certainly seems buggy and should be investigated.  However, I'm not sure about the validity of aborting a task in the middle of accessing DAQmx Read.  There's a better way to achieve your end goal.

The simplest way is to simply poll the number of samples available.  You would then only call DAQmx Read after there is a non-zero number of samples available.  See the code attached below.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 8 of 9
(5,915 Views)

Thanks John

I've downloaded your VI and it works the way I want. I'll incorporate that into my code.  I don't do much programming in LabVIEW and I never knew that you could do stuff like read the available samples or that you could put stuff between the DAQmx Start Task and the DAQmx read.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,909 Views)