From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200587 with USB 6002

I'm using port0/channel 0 as an output to start an event. I'm trying to hold the channel high for a short time, and then set it low while taking the analog input into the computer. When I run the program, error 200587 comes up. Is it obvious what I'm doing wrong? (USB 6002 with tabview 2017)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,727 Views)

Hello AllanNish,

It is hard to determine exactly what is going on with the image you provided since DAQ Assistant configurations are not displayed. However, the error code suggests that you may have a task already running that is utilizing channel 0. The article below talks about this error and some possible solutions.

Why Am I Getting Error -200022 Or -200587 When Using NI-DAQmx?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5664C009DA244727862571E900046775

Regards,

Jared T.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,701 Views)

I had my students who were learning LabView write this program with LabView 2017 that gave this error. Before the class, I had written an identical program with a 2015 version of LabView to make sure that the program ran, and it worked fine (with the identical USB 6002). In desperation, I ended up having them use LabView 2015 and the programs all worked fine. I believe there is a bug in LabView 2017 that is causing this error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,687 Views)

AllanNish,

Again, it is hard to speak directly to the issue since I can't see how your DAQ Assistants are configured. It is likely that some functionality changes were made between LabVIEW 2015 and LabVIEW 2017 that are causing the issue, rather than a bug. If you post your code I can look to see if I can identify any issues.

Regards,

Jared T.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,676 Views)

Hi Jared

Here is the program. Any help you can give me would be great! Thank you!

Allan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,661 Views)

AllanNish,

I think I see the problem with your code. The error you encounter stating the resource is reserved is because you have no dependency forcing the second loop to wait until the first loop is done. To fix the error you can either run the error out from DAQ Assistant 3 to DAQ Assistant2 or you can use Flat Sequence Structures

Also, your DAQ Assistant 4 has an RSE terminal configuration when I open it but requires a differential. That could be a change my LabVIEW made to the assistant but I recommend you check it.

Regards,

Jared T.

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,655 Views)