From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200279

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PCI 6250 board and a SCC-68 box. I would like to use one of the analog inputs as a trigger signal to start acquiring an analog signal and to output a pulse signal simultaneously. This is used to measure the pressure due to a shockwave, which is a transient event that happens very fast.

However, when I run the code, there is an error-200279. I don't know why and how to solve it. Could you help me solve the problem? Also, I am a beginner on DAQ-mx. I will appreciate it if you could provide me any comments on the code. ( I am not quite sure whether the output of the pulse and the beginning of acquisition will be synchronized using the code of current form. Also, since I put the acquire function in a while loop, I don't know how the looping will affect the sampling rate)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,874 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author superman724

You may want to go through this link, to understand why are you experiencing the error.

If I recognized correctly, the error should be popping up while reading the 'trigger signal'.

There could be multiple solutions, I presented two.

Solution1: Move the DAQmx Start Task.vi inside the loop and also make sure that it should run just once, as you cannot START an already STARTED TASK.

Move the Start VI

Find attached VI (blast transient acq_Solution1.vi) corresponding to above shown solution.

Solution2: Read the recent available samples and let older acquired samples be overwritten.

Alternatively use Read PN

Find attached VI (blast transient acq_Solution2.vi) corresponding to above shown solution.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 2 of 6
(3,861 Views)

I have attached a modified example to get you started. The key thing that I think you are missing is how to set up a trigger, which is always inline with the task. Use the APFI0 terminal (Pin 20) as the source for your analog level trigger for your analog input task. Then use an Analog Comparison Event as the trigger for your counter output task. The Analog Comparison Event is a hardware pulse that is generated by the analog triggering circuitry when a configured analog trigger condition is met.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,860 Views)

Moderator1983,

Thank you for your valuable comments and modifications. They really help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,840 Views)

JKMM,

Thank you for your comments and example! What you suggested is actually what I wanted to do initially, but I couldn't find a way to let the input and output share the same trigger. Now I know "Analog Comparison Event" can do the job. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,838 Views)

thanx so , i have saéme problem and this solution is the best Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,382 Views)