Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200088 with USB 6009

Hi all,

I'm a new user to Labview and trying my first steps. (currently the Demo Version 2013)

I want to read analog values via a USB6009 device. All drivers installed via the supplied DVD

When I try to run my circuit, I'm getting a error -200088. 

Can anybody help me with this?

http://monosnap.com/image/El3PZN681rmktFreefMQ2XU14dMuQ6

Thanks 

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,959 Views)
Please don't link to some odd third-party site. You can simply attach images or VIs directly to the board.

I would suggest that you don't mix the DAQ Assistant and the low level DAQmx functions. The error pop-up is also hiding part of your code and it is also unclear whether the error comes from the write or read. I would also suggest you wire the error in/out terminals and not rely so much on the automatic error handling.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,956 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for linking to some 'odd-site'. 

The VI is attached. It was taken from a labview tech-learning site: 

http://home.hit.no/~finnh/videos/topics/labview_analog_io/labview_analog_io/labview_io_intro.html

Terminals are wired according the video: Output goes in a loop back to the input terminal.

Maybe you can tell me what is wrong?

BR

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,949 Views)
Like I said, replace the DAQ Assistant. I, like most experienced users, do not use it and I have no idea if there is actually an active task being passed out.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,945 Views)

Thanks Dennis for your help.

I'll try it - not sure how to do it now. I need to check some literature first.

Do you happen to know whether there are some good tutorials for the USB 6009 unit from NI ? I can't find any for this specific topic.

Thanks a lot

John

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,933 Views)

Here is a quick link that I used to get started. 

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 6 of 7
(4,926 Views)

Awesome - Thanks GovBob!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,913 Views)