Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -10805 occured at AI Buffer Read

Possible reason(s) (as shown in Labview):

NI-DAQ LV: The clock rate is faster than the hardware can support. An attempt to input or output a new data point was made before the hardware could finish processing the previous data point.

The condition may also occur when glitches are present on an external clock signal

Hi everyone,

is someone familiar with this error?

The software was running for 15 years with no problem

The PC is WinXP

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,569 Views)

Is the suggestion plausible?  Are you using an external signal as a sample clock?  Maybe there could be a loose connection, leading to an intermittently glitchy signal.

If your device is making its own sample clock internally, then I don't know.  I suppose I'd wonder about some failure or damage within the board.  No proof or anything, but 15 years *is* a pretty good run, nothing lasts forever.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,546 Views)