From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 10403 at AO Buffer COnfig, PCI-6703

Using any of the solutions generated by the DAQ solution wizard (such as Custom Funciton Generator) for multipoint waveforms, I always get Error 10403 at the AO Buffer Config. I saw this problem posted earlier, but there was no solution.
Labview 6.0
NI-DAQ ver. 6.9.1
PCI-6703
Win2000

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
A. Flannery
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Hi aflannery,

The -10403 generally indicates you are trying to do something tha can't be done.

Simply, what you are trying to do until you get something working, and then build on that.

Also, double check the device spec to make sure the PCI-6703 is capable of what you are asking it to do.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Hi,
I have gotten the single point updates to work, but it is really slow. The issue I have is that NI says that they have these great tools which take care of interfacing to the hardware. The NI-DAQ software knows this card, the DAQ solution wizard knows this card. If the 6703 has no buffer (something I am unable to find in the documentation), then their software is buggy because it should not generate solutions which produce a 10403 error. If the 6703 does have a buffer, then their software is buggy because it generates a 10403 error. It's not MY code that is generating the errror. It is theirs.

I was hoping their might be a known patch for this or something in the knowledge base. I see this identical problem posted earlier, but there was no soluti
on.

Thanks,
Tony
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Hi Tony,

First of all, I am not NI. I am just a guy who has worked with NI stuff and have learned what to look out for. All I can do is try to help, so here goes.

The -10403 error is the driver telling you that you are attempting something that is not possible. After reading your response, I broke out a catalog to figure what is up with the 6703.

First, the block diagram shows no on-board buffer. This is bad.

Second, the fine print (see page 396) shows that only "Programmed I/O" is available (see Data Transfers). This is also bad.

I would suggest you contact NI directly to discuss the posiblity of trading in the 6703 towards credit for an interface that will meet your needs.

If you have any other questions that you think I may be ab
le to help with, "fire-away" (just don't kill the messenger:<)) ).

Just trying to help,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Hello;

The 6703 card does not have onboard memory, or FIFO memory, which is required for buffered operations. This card is designed for high volume, low speed analog output applications.

To get high-speed buffered output, consider the following hardware:
6711, 6713, 6715 buffered analog output boards
Or, for very high-speed/high-resolution output, consider:
5401, 5411, 5431, 5411 arbitrary waveform and function generators.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,549 Views)