From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver NI PCI-4472 for matlab xpc target

For a measurement setup i am looking to XPC target drivers for the NI PCI-4472, i'm searching for a while know, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

When the drivers are not available, i was wondering where i can find, if available, a register map of the mMITE chip on the NI-4472 card so I can write my own XPC-driver.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,427 Views)

Hello Knight87,

As far as I know there is no XPC target driver for the PCI-4472 provided by NI.

I also quickly checked google to check for external ones, but I didn't directly find one.

In attachment you can find the NI 4472 Register-Level Programmer Manual.

If anything is unclear, then don't hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 2 of 8
(5,418 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Thank you for your post. I also couldn't find a XPC driver for the PCI-4472, so i started writing my one, with the help of the Register-Level Programmer Manual (Thank you for that), Because the device and the NI E series are using the DAQ-STC, I got a basis for writing the code. The device is responding well, but the trigger don't trigger the acquisition. (The MITE_FIFO_Status still indicates an empty FIFO)

In the example in the Register-Level Programmer Manual is missing some information:

- AI channel configuration and enabling (I guess enable the channels, getting the gains from the EEPROM, set samplerate)

- Using the MITE DMA to subtract the FIFO data.

Can you point me in the right direction where I can find this information.

Many thanks,

Bert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,387 Views)

Hello Bert,

Is it possible to share what you currently already have done?

This way we can check where the triggering is going wrong.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 4 of 8
(5,360 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Hereby a file with the simulink library with the unfinished driver. I based the scripts on the files of the NI E-series, so i still have to clean up the code.

As mentioned before the driver isn't working, because the FIFO stays empty. It is unknown for me how to do the AI channel configuration and enabling (I guess enable the channels, getting the gains from the EEPROM, set samplerate). I think that is the reason that the card isn't triggered to acquire data.

Kind Regards,

Bert
Message 5 of 8
(5,346 Views)

Hello Thierry,

As a side project, Im still trying to use the NI-4472 under matlab XPC. The data aquisition is working, I can see that the MITE FIFO is filling (from 1/16 full, to 1/8 full, to full). The number of samples in between the different states corresponds with the initialised samplerate of the card. The next step is to read the FIFO by DMA, but i am missing the memory adresses. Can you help me with that?

Kind regards,

Bert

Message 6 of 8
(4,828 Views)

Hello Knight87,

I meet the same problem with you, have you finished the driver ? appreciate your feedback.

Much thanks!

Fengzi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,298 Views)

Hello!

I encountered the same problem as you. Have you completed your code? Can you share it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,188 Views)