Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this mean my PCIe-6343 is DOA?

I'm new to NI hardware am hoping that I am missing something simple to do with the setup of my card but.. 

In the text panels of Ni Max all of my analog input channels give me a reading of -10.8 volts. This does not fluctuate. Even the internal channels (such as those I would have used to calibrate) are flat line.

Using a volt meter I was able to test and verify the analog output channels of the card - so I know there is some level of functionality there. It also passes the self test. 

Attached is a screen capture of a test panel. 

Does any one have any advice? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,427 Views)

Have you tried applying an analog voltage to the channel?

DAQ cards aren't scoped for an open circuit and it isn't uncommon to see the voltages rail to an extreme of the input range.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,389 Views)

Thanks Brettski,

Yes I have tried a few difrent setups. I have tried a k type thermocouple in a few analog channels, as per the Max connection diagram.

I have also tried a potentiometer. In that setup I was able to connect and meter 0-5 volts on a few channels. The diferential of each channel was tied to analog ground.

Trying an internal channel such as calref was my next try.

I have only seen -10.8 volts on any channel so far. There is no noise just a perfectly flat -10.8 if anything is connected or not.

I'm still searching.. I bought this card personally to develope my skill set - justifying the cost as if it were a tuition.. its rather heart breaking. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,336 Views)

That definitely sounds a bit frustrating!

I wouldn't worry too much though... if it is DOA, it would probably be covered by warranty (depending on when you bought it of course). If you can't get it up and running, I'd consider calling into customer support to inquire about an RMA. If you would like, they will help you troubleshoot it to make sure you aren't sending back a perfectly good board.

That said, I'd be interested to hear what you are using as the interface for the card; BNC, SCB?

Have you tried wiring something simple with a known signal like a 9 volt battery?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)