From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need DAQmx Timing in my DAQ solution?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I use my USB-6000 I/O to acquire two analog signals coming from a temperature and humidity sensor. I continuously check if the temperature is above the user limit and I use an indicator to show this overheating.

The SubVI called multiple_sensors.vi acquires the two analog signals but I do not use the DAQmx Timing.vi to do that because I only need one sample of both signals each time I run the SubVI and this happens when the state "Acquisition" is active in the state machine.

The VI works fine but I wonder if I should use the DAQmx Timing.vi in my DAQ because it is always used in the NI DAQmx solutions.

Can you tell me if I should use the DAQmx Timing in my DAQ?

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,269 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jesLVbcn

If you are doing the 1 sample on demand, you do not need the DAQmx Timing.  But if you want to capture waveforms, you do need to use the DAQmx Timing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,240 Views)

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,227 Views)