From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital signal generation using USB 6009

Hello everybody,

I have a little question that seems to be simple, but I'm not sure whether my solution is right or not.
I wonder how to generate three separate digital signals using USB 6009 multifunction data aquisition card.
I've just prepared these signals as U8 samples and the value of each sample depends on which output line I want to use: For example if I want to generate digital signal on port P1 and on the line number 3 the value of  each sample, that I treat as logical 1, is 00001000 this means that generatre array that contains as many numbers of value 8 as many samples I want to generate.

I have three separate signals prepared like that and I want them to be generated on separate, user defined digital lines in USB 6009 DAQ.

My guestion is whether my solution is good or not and if I can create three separate tasks using DAQmx Base as a base to genarate my signals on digital lines that I've choosen before.

If I would have to create single digital output task how to split these signals and generate them in the way I want to?

P.S My signals must be generated simultaneously

Any help will be helpfull

Many regards

Johnnie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,850 Views)
Johnnie,

Before we get too far into how to do this in DAQmx Base, I want to know why you are using DAQmx Base.  Is it preference?  The 6009's are now supported by DAQmx.  If you do not have a preference, I would highly recommend using DAQmx.  You can download the latest version of DAQmx at the link below.  Once you download it, you will find many examples  that will get you started generating digital data.  Either way, you will not be able to run multiple tasks at the same time.  You may need to implement some simple logic to change the status of the desired line while writing to the port. 

NI-DAQmx 8.1 Download Page:

Regards,
L. Allen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,832 Views)
Thanks a lot for help,

Johnnie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,823 Views)