Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Output using PXI-6521.

In my VI, I have several DAQ express's. Some are digital outputs for the PXI-6224, some are analog inputs for the PXI-6224, some are digital inputs for the PXI-6224, and now I have added the digital outputs for the PXI-6521. Everything works except for those outputs. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,529 Views)
Hello,

Since we know the PXI-6521 works correctly, the problem seems to be coming from either the configuration of your DAQ Assistants or the setup of your application.  Please note that you will need a new DAQ Assistant for every card in your computer.

Things that you can try would be to create a new VI, and place a single DAQ Assistant inside the block diagram.  Configure this DAQ Assistant and get it to work correctly.  Now copy this working (properly configured) DAQ Assistant to your application and see if it works.  If it does not work, the problem is most likely with your code.  Some things to check with your code would be the values being written to the DAQ Assistant, if the DAQ Assistant code runs where you expect it to, and if this DAQ Assistant code ever runs?

Regards,

Jesse O.
Applications Engineering
NIC

Message Edited by Jesse O on 06-20-2007 11:00 AM

Jesse O. | National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,514 Views)

This is still not working.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,507 Views)
Hello,

I have no problem running code very similar to yours.  Can you please post that VI and I will give it a try.

Regards,

Jesse O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,487 Views)

http://mimics.redirectme.net/valveControl_mic.vi

It runs fine, just the relays are not switching.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,485 Views)
Hello,

I have made a couple changes and tested the file you linked.  You can find the modified file below.  I am able to run this VI correctly for my device.  Please note that for this to work for you, you will need to update the channel settings for your computer.  To do this open the block diagram >> double click on the DAQ Assistant >> remove all channels >> Add your 6 channels from Port1 back in >> Run the VI.

When I do this, I am able to toggle each of your controls and have the relays switch.

Regards,

Jesse O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,464 Views)

Hi,

I've a strange error when I try to connect to the pxi-6521 board inside PXI-8104. The following error occurs in Measurement&Automation Explorer :

Error -63044 (kRIOStatusRioRpcServerMissing):
The RIO server could not be found on the specified remote device. Ensure that NI-RIO software is installed and that the RIO server is running and properly configured.

For NI-RIO 2.3 and later, refer to Software>>NI-RIO>>NI-RIO Settings under the system in MAX.
Prior to NI-RIO 2.3, refer to Software>>NI-VISA>>VISA Options under the system in MAX.

I've no problem to reach the other boards (RS-485) What am I missing ?
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,076 Views)

Hi Feno,

Can you please elaborate exactly when this error occurs, are you using a Task, Test Panels, opening MAX, etc?  Does this happen everytime you perform this action?  Is this an RT controller?  If not, then what OS is used?  Do you have the NI-RIO driver installed?  What version of DAQmx? Is this a new behavior?  What changed to cause this to begin happening?  I apologize for the barrage of questions but these will help me get a better idea of the issue. 

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,028 Views)