From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential mode operation

Hi:

Could you tell me how the current through AI+ and AI-.There is also one biase resistor from AI- to AIGND.

Attached is the digram that I cut from ni site. The AI- input is also connected to my test fixture ground at the end. I could not see how to current flow. Could you please tell me?

I am in a very urgent. I really a quick reponse.

Regards.
John
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(3,949 Views)
In the 2nd image, current flows through the lump sum parameter RIN nodes (1) and (2) regardless if VS- terminal 0 is connected to ground or not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(3,906 Views)

Hi AnalogKid:

Thanks for your replying. You said current flows through the lump sum parameter RIN nodes (1) and (2) regardless if VS- terminal 0 is connected to ground or not.

Then what is Rin? Rin is the resistor inside the 6250 board or the bias resistors from AI- to ground? Could you please tell me?

Attached is my graph. I take VS as the voltage across 100ohm resistor. Is that correct? I would like to verify with you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(3,878 Views)
Rin is the simplification of the all the circuitry of the amplifier input. I do not think it would represent bias resistors since those are typically added by a user when using differential mode of operation. Rin is typically a high value, in the range of 100's of kilohms up to 10's of megohms.

Yes, VS could represent the voltage that is generated by the current flowing through a 100 ohm resistor that is placed across the input of the amplifier. If 0.010A was flowing through 100 ohms, Ohm's law calculates that (0.010A)*(100ohms)= 1volt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(3,862 Views)

Hi AnalogKid:

Attached is my graph. How does current flow at the point where bias resistor started? Could you please tell me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(3,842 Views)
Graph attached it is not
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(3,837 Views)
Graph attached it is not
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(3,839 Views)
Sorry, here is the attached graph.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(3,824 Views)

Hi:

I would also like to ask the AI+ and AI-. input. I might ask before, but I forgot. The AI+ and AI- input can only measure AC and DC voltage, am I correct? no current.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(3,810 Views)

Your schematic is incomplete, you do not show a connection to anything on the bottom side of the bias resistor.

Correct, inputs will only measure voltage directly.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(3,792 Views)