Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between NI USB 6008 and NI-DAQmx?

hello,

I am curious to know the difference between NI USB-6008 and NI-DAQmx? Are they having same functionality? What is the significant difference for both device?

Thanks...

regards,
yeelin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,770 Views)

A major difference is that the USB 6008 is a piece of hardware and DAQmx is software. Smiley Very Happy

The USB 6008 is a low cost data acquisition device. DAQmx is a driver for NI data acquisition devices and support for the USB 6008 is included in the driver.

Message 2 of 6
(3,768 Views)

Thanks for your fast response.

Then what is the meant for "NI USB 6008 does not have NI-DAQmx simulated device capability"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,765 Views)
The DAQmx driver has the ability to simulate many of the actual data acquisition devices that it supports. A simulated device is added in MAX. The simulation is somewhat limited but it does allow you to do same basic debug of your program without having the device present. The USB-6008 is not one of the supported devices. If you are planning on getting a USB-6008 and want to write some code before it arrives, you can choose to simulate a device with similar capabilities.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,760 Views)

Hello,

I hope I can use this thread to ask some more questions about 6008 and its simulation in MAX.

I am going to simulate that device - mainly for Digital Inputs - can someone give me a hint where to look for the "ideal" device which can be used instead of 6008 ?

Regards

PacHOOk 

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,

PacHOOk
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,388 Views)

Off hand, I can't think of a model but any of the DAQ or DIO modules that have bit level control (vs byte wide only) should due.  I mentioned the DIO modules because you had said you are only looking to use the digital portion of the 6009.  That's the nice thing about DAQmx, the software interface is the same for a $150 DAQ or a $5000 DAQ. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,361 Views)