Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I properly connect the connector block to the data acquisition board?

Hi,
I'm having a lot of problems getting a voltage signal to read in to an analog input channel. I have the following parts:
NI PCI-6221 Part# 779066-01 (DAQ Board)

CB-68LPR Part# 777145-02 (I/O Connector Block)

SHC68-68-EPM Part# 192061-01 (Noise Rejecting, Shielded Cable)

Now I connected the connector block assuming that the numbers on the connector block corresponded to the channel numbers on the DAQ board. Is this the wrong assumption? I hooked up a DC power supply, providing a constant voltage of about 3 Volts (I made sure the DC Power supply was supply a current, using a multimeter)
, to what I thought was the analog input channel I designated in Measurement and Automation Explorer (I am using LabView 7.1). Unfortunately, this channel does not seem to be reading in any correct voltage. It doesn't respond to changing the voltage, and the value it chooses for the voltage seems arbitrary. Did I incorrectly connect the connector block? What are other possible sources of error? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,598 Views)

Yes you did. The pin numbers of the connector block do not match the channel numbers. Refer to the M series manual (help)for pin assignement. (or for Max, Help----DaqMx help---device terminals

Also, the ground to use depends on the channel setup.
For NRSE, the ground is the AI SENSE pin
for RSE, the ground is the AI GND pin

for differential,
for channel 0, use channel 8 for ground
for channel 1, use channel 1 for ground, etc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,593 Views)