Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Route in MAX

Hello Folks,

I can't find a tutorial on how to interpret the Device Route tab in the MAX.
If there's none, please send me tips or info on understanding the device route.
I am using a C-Series DAQ.

Thank you.
A   
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,684 Views)
Please have at look at this document.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,678 Views)
Thanks!!!  This is indeed helpful, JB.  By the way, how do I relate them my program?
Please give example.

Regards,
A
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,677 Views)
DAQmx will do the routing according to the configuration of your measurement task.
Please give an example of what you want to make.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,673 Views)
Hello JB,

I have a jpg of my system based from this attachment. 
I like to know how can I utilize this routing to setup triggers.

Example:

Using a Digital Source

To use ai/PauseTrigger, specify a source and a polarity. The source

can be either from PFI or one of several other internal signals on

your NI cDAQ-9172 chassis. Refer to

Device Routing in MAX in the

NI-DAQmx Help

or the LabVIEW Help in version 8.0 or later for more

information.

Thanks a bunch,

A

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,637 Views)

Hi angelmcdoggie

The device routes are available to show you which routes are available for routing.  It is not used to set up triggering however it show you which routes are available for triggering.  Triggers are setup in the actual analog input task.  Have a look at the example finder located under help find examples from LabVIEW for an analog input example that uses triggering, for instance browse to Hardware Input and  Output>>DAQmx>>Analog Measurement>>Voltage>>Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi or any other example that uses some sort of triggering.  This will show you how to set up a digital trigger for you analog acquisition.  

Note that if you want to specify an external trigger you must have a digital IO module in slot 5 or 6 of the chassis.  These two slots are the only slots that have access to the PFI lines on the chassis.  For more information please see the following link.

Chris_K  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,599 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure where to find infrmation on how to use the internal timebase as the clock source for an application using NI 6259 DAQ.

Do I need to make a physical connection, or it can be all done through Labview, to route timebase clock to act as the clock for one of the counter in the device?

Thanks

Roxanne

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,000 Views)