Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition stops during single pulse output (long pulse = 10 hours) [NI USB 6210]

Hello, guys. I am facing some problems when trying to create a VI for data acquisition and controlling a relay.
I want to measure the voltage of a battery during charge and discharge. During the discharge, when the voltage falls to a specific value, a single pulse from a counter turns on a relay that inverts the polarization and starts the charge. This pulse lasts all the charge. When the pulse ends, a new discharge begins. The problem is that while the pulse is being applied, the measurement does not work, but when the discharge starts again, data acquisition works fine. I have tried continuous samples, N samples and so on, but nothing worked. I am a beginner on LabView so any advice will be great. Block diagram and VI files are attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,179 Views)

Instead of a counter, use a standard digital output.  I am pretty sure the counter task must finish before the loop will iterate.  If going the DIO route, use the Elasped Time function to decide the state of you DIO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,149 Views)