From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DaqMX 19.0 runtime ?

There would be no such questions and doubts if NI was distributing an official runtime as before.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,201 Views)

You are right, I was on tab "Packages" but I have to go on tab "Installers and Repositories" to create an Installer.

I managed to create an installer for DAQmx Runtime only.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,194 Views)

The situation has not evolved : it seems that NI really decided not to build the run-time installer as before, and prefer answering support requests about package builder usage.

This is really a non-sense for me. Every SDK is always distributed either for developer of for run-time clients, and it is really better to

-do not force developers to store and versionize huge packages and perform extra and time-consuming work just to build an installer that they will have to maintain and correlate to client problems that might always use older versions according to their software update policy

-give confidence about the deployed binaries since they come from an official source

-help reduce software distribution size since we can point to the official NI installer rather than embedding a custom one

-help clients being up-to-date by letting them upgrade the run-time when they want from the official NI downloads

-help educating clients about what they need to deploy a solution, and what they really install on their machine

-help support by delegating any NI deployment issue to the official forums

So far we had no answer about the reason why the official runtime has been dropped.

Message 23 of 25
(1,158 Views)

I did not change my mind. version 20.1 and still no standard redistributable run-time.

Message 24 of 25
(1,092 Views)

Dear NI,

Would you dare issuing a poll to ask *users* what they think of your "no more official distributed run-time" policy that you unilateraly decided ?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,054 Views)