Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOS Driver for PCI Board

Hello,

I loaded the 4.8 Drivers under DOS (yes it is a machine running DR-DOS, not
a DOS Window under NT/XP/etc). I could not find a driver for this board.
It contained entries for PCI-DIO-24, AT-MO-16F-5, PCI-DIO-96, etc. but
none for this board.

Is there any other file set I should look at?

Thanks,

Rick Cottle
Product Manager, Avionics
Orbital Sciences Corporation
480-814-6057
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,007 Views)
Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

I am not sure which PCI board you have now but I know that only selected PCI cards are supported under DOS. The driver you installed is the correct driver for DOS, but only those cards that are listed are the ones that are supported. All other DAQ cards are not supported under DOS. I could verify whether your PCI is supported if you could post the specific model of the card.

Ayman K
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,996 Views)

@Ayman K wrote:
Hello Rick,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

I am not sure which PCI board you have now but I know that only selected PCI cards are supported under DOS. The driver you installed is the correct driver for DOS, but only those cards that are listed are the ones that are supported. All other DAQ cards are not supported under DOS. I could verify whether your PCI is supported if you could post the specific model of the card.

Ayman K
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

My board is the PCI-MIO-16E-1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,991 Views)
Rick,

The PCI-6070E (MIO-16E-1)is not supported under DOS.

Ayman K
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,988 Views)
I am also looking for a DOS driver (6036E, device number 0x2890). Since the latest two versions of NI-DAQ DOS do not support the card, I have been trying to write a driver based on the National Instruments register-level programming documentation. Some information or samples on how to properly set up an iBus/ChipObject would be helpful. The NI documentation and Windows-VISA and Linux examples are partially helpful, although there are still memory issues. It would be much appreciated if anyone could provide complete DOS driver source code preferably based on the NI materials (or otherwise) to look at as an example so that all of the values and functions can be set up properly. The goal is ultimately to be able to have a driver that will run under the MicroCOS-II real-time operating system for use in a university neurorobotics laboratory.

Wes Day
wesley.day@marquette.edu
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,946 Views)
If you haven't yet, you can download the Measurement Hardware Driver Development Kit (MHDDK) that has documentation and examples for supported hardware. Additionally, you can find some DOS RLP examples at the following location: ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/daq/pc/reg-level/dos/
Any questions should be posted to the Driver Development Kit discussion forum.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,875 Views)