Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC offset on AC signals

Hello,

I am using NI PXI 6289 DAQ card with NI PXI 8106 microcontroller on PXI 1042Q chasis. I have a question regarding the DC offset that I observe on the AC signal. I have 2 dc volatges and 1 ac voltage signals to measure. When I connect only the ac signal I do not see any offset on the signal. But when I connect the dc voltages on other channels I see DC offset on the AC signal. Is there any way to get rid of this offset?

T hanks,

kartik 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,348 Views)

Hi Kartik,

Like all multiplexed boards, the 6289 is susceptible to what we call "ghosting" under certain circumstances (high source impedance, large voltage difference between channels, fast convert rate... etc.).  I suspect this is what you are experiencing.  If this is indeed the case, you can refer to the following link for advice how to correct the issue:

How Do I Eliminate Ghosting From My Measurements?

Be sure to post back if you have any follow up questions.  If the problem is not actually ghosting, you might want to double-check how you have everything grounded in your system (although I believe the issue is in fact ghosting).  Let us know how it goes!

Best Regards,

John

John Passiak
Message 2 of 2
(3,338 Views)