From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxAOCreateFuncGenChan

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

wir wollten die aus der NI-DAQmx C Reference Help kopierte Funktion ""DAQmxCreateAOFuncGenChan"" nutzen, aber wenn wir Sie in unser Programm einbinden, gibt es diesen Aufruf nicht in der NIDAQmx.tlb. Wir haben eine PCIe-6361 Messkarte im System unter Visual Basic 6, Win XP SP3.

Danke für Eure Hilfe!!!!

we would like to use the function ""DAQmxCreateAOFuncGenChan"" which we found in the C Reference Help of NI-DAQmx. Unfortunately this call is not found in the NIDAQmx.tlb. We are using the PCIe-6361 under Win XP SP3 and we are programming in Visual Basic 6 SP6. Can anyone help us / give us a hint?

Thanks in advance!!!

Axel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linde

Hi Alex,

it's a mistake in the documentation that the NI-DAQmx C API and Visual Basic 6.0 Reference are the same.

For generating a waveform use DAQmxCreateAOVoltageChan instead in Visual Basic 6.0.

Best Regards,

Jan

Message 2 of 3
(2,900 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Jan, though that is not what I wanted to hear...  😉

I saw the function "DAQmxCreateAOVoltageChan" and last night I tried to make it work. What I don't understand is the setting of the frequency. The NI example doesn't work, because in Europe we don't use the dot as a decimal point. So I integrated a Val() and that helped, but the Freq from the default setting is not what I see on then Analog Output. There is a factor 100 that I don't find. Is the 100 Hz setting something for an internal clock rate? I want a function, where I can set frequency and amplitude (zero to peak oder peak to peak) and eventualy offset and the AO makes it. What relation do I have to set between Buffer size, No of cycles and so on? But this is a new theme that I will post.

Thanks for your helpful answer,

Axel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,898 Views)