cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxAOCreateFuncGenChan

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

wir wollten die aus der NI-DAQmx C Reference Help kopierte Funktion ""DAQmxCreateAOFuncGenChan"" nutzen, aber wenn wir Sie in unser Programm einbinden, gibt es diesen Aufruf nicht in der NIDAQmx.tlb. Wir haben eine PCIe-6361 Messkarte im System unter Visual Basic 6, Win XP SP3.

Danke für Eure Hilfe!!!!

we would like to use the function ""DAQmxCreateAOFuncGenChan"" which we found in the C Reference Help of NI-DAQmx. Unfortunately this call is not found in the NIDAQmx.tlb. We are using the PCIe-6361 under Win XP SP3 and we are programming in Visual Basic 6 SP6. Can anyone help us / give us a hint?

Thanks in advance!!!

Axel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linde

Hi Alex,

it's a mistake in the documentation that the NI-DAQmx C API and Visual Basic 6.0 Reference are the same.

For generating a waveform use DAQmxCreateAOVoltageChan instead in Visual Basic 6.0.

Best Regards,

Jan

Message 2 of 3
(2,905 Views)

Thanks for your reply, Jan, though that is not what I wanted to hear...  😉

I saw the function "DAQmxCreateAOVoltageChan" and last night I tried to make it work. What I don't understand is the setting of the frequency. The NI example doesn't work, because in Europe we don't use the dot as a decimal point. So I integrated a Val() and that helped, but the Freq from the default setting is not what I see on then Analog Output. There is a factor 100 that I don't find. Is the 100 Hz setting something for an internal clock rate? I want a function, where I can set frequency and amplitude (zero to peak oder peak to peak) and eventualy offset and the AO makes it. What relation do I have to set between Buffer size, No of cycles and so on? But this is a new theme that I will post.

Thanks for your helpful answer,

Axel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,903 Views)