From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx error for NI USB-6008

Hi All,
I hope someone can help me.

I got a problem with DAQmx and NI USB-6008. I attach the error message.
FYI, I am using NI USB-6008 to read the output voltage from a temperature sensor LM35CZ.
When the system is used to read the voltage with an update period of 1 sec, the system does not have a problem.
But when the system is used to read the voltage with an update period of more than 1 second error message appears..

DAQmx I use is version 8.9.5

Regards.

Ajun A.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,326 Views)

Hi pda daq,

This error indicates that you are most likely sampling faster on your board that what you are retrieving form your onboard FIFO buffer in software.  Here is a great KnowledgeBase article that discusses the error in more detail.  Please take a look at some of the suggested ways to correct this error.  Also, looking at your setup, you just have a DAQ Assistant with some signal processing.  If you remove the processing VI from your block diagram, do you still get the same error?

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,270 Views)

I use my USB-6008 for application with PDA..but I got error. my application didn't read analog input from sensor. anyone can help me??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,149 Views)

Hi pda daq:

It is appears that you have already addressed this issue is this forum.  Let's proceed by pursuing the issue in only one forum.  Here are a few links to take a look at as well:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Unable-to-compile-PDA-application-for-USB-6008/m-p/830159

Also, you will need to use DAQmx Base most likely for the PDA module, found here.  Also, we do have the PDA module, found here.

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,120 Views)