From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx error -200322 when acquiring at > 350k

hey

i am having a problem using a DAQcard 6062-E with a new laptop that has been purchased. the problem arises when i try to acquire data at a sample rate higher than ~350k. it gives me error code -200322 with the following text:

Data transfer has been stopped to prevent the computer from becoming completely unresponsive. Could not transfer enough data to satisfy the data transfer requirements with Interrupts as the Data Transfer Mechanism.

Reduce your Sample Clock Rate, use DMA as your Data Transfer Mechanism, or use a different Data Transfer Request Condition.

i am confused as the laptop should be more than capable of doing this acquisition, it is brand new and our 3 year old survey laptops can acquire at 500k with no problems. i have attached some example code that gives the error every time.

can anyone shed any light on this problem? what is causing it / can i fix it?

Labview 7.0
Windows XP
DAQmx 8.0.1 / 8.1 (error same with both)
1.66MHz core duo processor
512MB RAM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,880 Views)
Remove the 200 milli Sec wait inside loop, create constant/control and define some value for 'number of samples to read per channel' in DAQmx Read function ( keep it  something like 1/2 of sampling rate, thats 200k or any lower value) and see if it helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,879 Views)
ok, i have removed the timer and am acquiring 200k samples each while iteration, but the error always occurs if i try and acquire at more than 400k. i really need to be acquiring at the maximum rate (500k) for this project, so this is pretty unsatisfactory.

what is causing the error?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,878 Views)

Go to labVIEW examples and find a VI called 'High speed data Logger.VI ' and 'high speed Data reader.vi' ( this uses traditional DAQ)

Use this examples and you must be able to achieve higher sampling rates

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,868 Views)
ok, i have performed a few more tests:

1> checked with an install of Labview 8, exact same problem

2> uninstalled Labview8, did a clean install of Labview7 with no DAQmx. tested the card using the high speed data logger as you suggested and the same problem occurs, except with a different error message. now every time i try to acquire at rates > 400k i get error -10845, cannot read from input buffer fast enough.

any more ideas? i am a bit confused by this one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,848 Views)
It sounds as though the laptop cannot tranfer data accross the PCMCIA bus fast enough. What exact laptop is it (make, model)? Do you have any other PCMCIA cards in there? Is there a later BIOS version you can use?

Regards

Jon B
Applications Engineer
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,840 Views)
hey jon

yes, this is the conclusion i have come to as well. i tested the acquisition rate ceiling using the test panel in MAX, and about the best it could manage was ~405KHz, above that the computer freezes for a while then gives up. if it is higher than 420kHz the error message pops up immediately.

the laptop is a Toshiba Tecra M5L core duo with 1.66 GHz chip. there are no other cards in the machine, and the BIOS installed is the latest (only) version.

where do you suggest i go from here, contact Toshiba?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,838 Views)
One thing that might be worth a try is to disable some of the devices you have in Device Manager. By this I mean the LAN controller, Firewire controller, expresscard etc. If you still can't get this to aquire at the max rates then I think it is probably due to the chipset they use for the PCMCIA bus. If this is the case then there probably won't be much you can do, though I would recomend contacting Toshiba to see if they can shed any more light on it.

Regards

Jon B
Applications Engineer
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,833 Views)
tried disabling everything non essential, but it did not seem to help. i will call toshiba tech support tomorrow and see what they have to say about it, but i don't imagine i will receive a useful reply.

ho hum.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,829 Views)

Do let us know the what toshiba tech support personnel have to tell

That information shall be useful while configuring/buying a system in future!Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,820 Views)