Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx PCI-6259 MHz analog acquisition error.

I have a DAQmx PCI-6259. I am trying to implement an alternating shutter control with our program. I have Andor iXon 860 (CCD) that is outputting a fire signal whenever it is trying to capture a frame. I hooked the fire signal into one of the analog inputs in the DAQ controller. The pulse length I am trying to detect is in the order of microseconds. The voltage being sent from the camera to the DAQ will be +5 when it is exposing, and 0 when it is sending the fire signal. I read that the DAQ board should be able to operate in the MHz range therefore it should be able to detect the signal. I am trying to sample data from our camera at a rate of 1.25MHz. I get error code 200278. I think it has something to do with the computer acquisition of the data from the DAQ board. I attached a VI. Can you help me out in acquiring a faster rate than KHz.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,863 Views)

Hi jowparks,

The error -200278 is generated by your code because you are trying to do continious acquisition however your Timing VI (Sample Clock) is configured for finite samples (default settings). To fix this refer to the following KB: Error -200278 at DAQmx Read

In addition, make sure you follow good programming practice and connect all the DAQmx functions with the green/white error wire as it is done in the following example:

Help >> LabVIEW >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx >>  Analog Measurements >> Voltage >> Cont Acq&Graph Voltage - Int Clk.vi

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,851 Views)

Hey we have been making edits and I think the Analog Continuous Samples - Int Clock is exactly what we needed, I will let you know if we have any issues implementing this code, thanks for the response!

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,842 Views)