cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQCard-6062E and DAQmx on Win7 64bit

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I have question regarding the (rather old) 6062E card.

We recently had to update our machine to run Win7 64bit, beacuse of we are running out of memory with other applications. Now I have the problem, that I do not get the DAQCard-6062E installed properly.

Before all else, I must admit, that I do not have a big experience with that piece of hardware and the setup of the former machine was done by someone else (who is no more here).

Our daq device is conntected via PCMCIA adapter to our new machine, running Win7 64bit. This adapter is recognized properly. I was also looking for the drivers for the card itself and found the NI-DAQmx 15.5 (http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-15.5/5901/en/), which seem to be supported for Win7 - 64bit. So I installed them. Also our device is listed as supported by the latest version of DAQmx: "DAQCard-6062E"

However, installing the new machine I could not make the 6062E be recognized properly. Windows does no want to find/install any drivers for that card. Also the device does not show up in the NI Measurement & Automation Explorer.

Unfortunately, I could not find any helpful information on the NI homepage about that fact. There is a rather old discussion (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Does-DAQcard-6062E-work-on-WINDOWS-7/m-p/1104196) in the forums, but that does not help be either with that specific topic.

I would be glad, if you could point me to the right location on where to find that information? Or please let me know, what things to do/try?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,385 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter_V.

The DAQCard-6062E is not supported on 64-bit versions of Windows. See the "Devices Not Supported in NI-DAQmx on the 64-Bit Versions of Windows 8.1/7/Vista" section of the NI-DAQmx 15.5 Readme.

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,376 Views)

Ok, thanks a lot for that information! I clearly missed that lower part of the readme...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,345 Views)