Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ system in Windows 2000,will data lost?

I am new to DAQ,and I got a DAQ project need to run in Windows 2000,since Windows 2000 is not a real-time OS,will my program lost data if the CPU is too busy?

Detail:

OS: Windows 2000 (CPU 1.6G  512M memory ) ,LabVIEW 8.2,DAQmx 8.6.1no real time OS or real-time model.

Database: MySQL 5.0

Hardware:one USB 6008 DAQ card .Four AI channel,100 samples per channel per second.

The program need to acquire data from four AI channel with 100 samples per channel per second.at the mean time,the data will be analyzed(average) and save to MySQL and txt file,so I going to use Produce\Comsumer design pattern,one for loop acquire data,the other for loop analyze data and save to MySQL and text file every one minute or every 60*100*4 data.but sometimes,the user maybe want to review the data in MySQL or text,and the data user want to review maybe very large and take most of CPU time, I am afraid the DAQ for loop may not excute quickly enough to get all the data and cause data losted .Is that worth to worry about? What can I do to deal with this?I even do not know whether my data has lost.

I know the I can creat  stored procedures and index to improve the performance when review data,but I think it is still no enough to prevent data lost. There is 512 bytes data buffer in the USB 6008,is that usefull?

What about too many other task running when acquiring data?

I have search the forum,Someone suggest to is to set DAQ for loop to higher priority,can that work?

I attach my simple example.thanks advance for any reply!

Flying...
www.vihome.com.cn 虚拟仪器家园
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,686 Views)