Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ card not detected

Hi
I have a strange problem. I got a new PC with ISA slots (SOYO motherboard) to run my applications faster. I tried installing my DAQ card (AT-MIO-16E 10) in its ISA slot but the windows wont see it (I tried windows 98, windows 2000 and XP, with the latest versions of the DAQ drivers). It is not a slot problem as windows detects and installs fine my GPIB card if put in the same slot.
What worries me is that windows doesnt even see my DAQ card as an unknown device. So, I cannot perform any remedies suggested in NI troubleshooting website. Needless to say that I have tried different ISA slots but the result is same. Of course I am installing the driver first before putting in the hardware.
It is not a problem with the DAQ card either. When I put it back into its old machine (a P2, windows 98), it works just fine.
Could anybody suggest any solution?
-Rajeev
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,736 Views)
Hello,

Maybe your PC does not supply enough voltage to your board through the ISA slot. You may want to check what's voltage your board requires and what voltage your PC gives out through its slots.

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,721 Views)
Thanks. But it sees other cards put in the same slot, for example a GPIB card. I dont know if this card has a drastically different voltage requirement. I will check it
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,684 Views)