Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ boards/USB are installed, but do not appear in Measurements and Automation

My DAQ boards PCI-MIO-16XE-10 and PCI-6703 are install on my Vista machine.  When I look at my devices in the system section, I get a message that says they are installed and functioning properly but they do not appear in NI Measurements & Automation Software.  Trying to add them manually to Measurements & Automation does not work either.  I have tried to 'Create New...' but the window gives me no options.

How can I get my DAQ boards to show up in Measurements & Automations, in the past the program has just found them automatically?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,743 Views)
What version of DAQmx do you have installed?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,740 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,738 Views)
Well, that driver does support Vista and I think those cards are supported in that release as well. The latest version is 8.7.1 and you could try that. Also, I'm curious why you mention USB in your subject line when yousocifically mention pci boards.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,735 Views)
I also have a GPIB usb drive that is installed, but not showing up in Measurements & Automations.  It seems like the same issue.  The strangest thing about this problem is that all of these drivers worked yesterday, however I was having problems with legacy vs mx funtions and tried reinstalling the drivers and now none of them seem to appear anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,730 Views)
Sounds like an OS problem. You might need to uninstall everything and start from scratch.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,722 Views)