From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant doesn't show up on Express/Input pallette?

I have version 8.6.

Attached a USB-6211 DAQ.

DAQ assistant isn't on the Express pallette.

The DAQ is recognized my MAX and XP.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,069 Views)

Hi

I had similar problem before.

What version of NI DAQmx are you using. I advice you use from version 8.7.2 and above. I'm using version 8.8

Secondly reinstall LABview and install your latest version of NI DAQmx tha supports the DAQ harware device. U can reboot your PC or afterwards. Note LABview must be install first and remeber to select support for LABview 8.6 during installation.

The only problem i'm having now is to place DAQ from the input pallete. Bur i can place fron the output pallete or throught the other means.

I hope this hel.

Rgds

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,062 Views)

Hi

I had similar problem before.

What version of NI DAQmx are you using. I advice you use from version 8.7.2 and above. I'm using version 8.8

Secondly reinstall LABview and install your latest version of NI DAQmx tha supports the DAQ harware device. U can reboot your PC or afterwards. Note LABview must be install first and remeber to select support for LABview 8.6 during installation.

The only problem i'm having now is to place DAQ from the input pallete. Bur i can place fron the output pallete or throught the other means.

I hope this help.

Rgds

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,061 Views)

Thanks for your input.

This happened because I installed and used Ni-DAQmx first, and LabView wasn't installed.

So Ni-DAQmx didn't install the LabView support files.

All you have to do is reinstall Ni-DAQmx and make sure you include the LabView support files.

===> Al

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,025 Views)