Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ assistant does not initialize for non-administrator users

The DAQ assistant in LabView does not initialize for non-administrator users. There is no error message. Non-administrative users can drag and drop the DAQ assistant onto the canvas, but then nothing happens. For administrators, the DAQ assistant initializes and the respective windows open up.
I have already given non-administrative users full rights on C:\Windows and ...\National Instruments\.. I have also changed the Registry such that non-administrative users can Set Values in the nidaq configuration.

Any further ideas on what is going on and what I could change to give normal users access to the DAQ assistant?

Thanks,
daqstudent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,672 Views)
Hi daqstudent,

What versions of Windows (with service packs), LabVIEW, and the DAQmx drivers do you have?  It looks like this issue should have been fixed in DAQmx version 7.4.  As a work-around, you should be able to use the Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) to create DAQmx Global Channels, and then use those saved Global Channels in LabVIEW. The configuration for DAQmx Global Channels in MAX is the same as that of the DAQ Assistant in LabVIEW. The only experience lost is seeing the actual DAQ Assistant icon in LabVIEW.

Thaison V
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,651 Views)

Hello,

upgrading NIDAQmx driver to version 8.0 solved the problem.

Thanks,

daqstudent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,625 Views)