From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ USB 6363

Hi,

I'm new with LabView, currently were planning to buy NI DAQ USB 6363 to use the analog input to read the value of resistor, capacitor and diode, and use the digital I/O to check the shift register functionality. I want to check if is it possible for NI DAQ USB 6363 to acquire RS232 communication feature because I want to interface barcode reader on it. I will use LabView to log the reading result to database(SQL, Access) to do some data analyzation. Im also confused about NI Test Stand what is the relationship of it to NI LabView? is it another software to install except to LabView?

Thank You,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,292 Views)

No, you do not connect an RS-232 device to the 6363. You connect an RS-232 device to the pc. If you don't have any built-in ports, you use a USB-RS232 converter. Bar code readers often come with a USB connection that emulate a keyboard so you would simply plug it in.

TestStand is a test executive that you can use to manage tests written in LabVIEW or just about any other language. It would handle the test limits, reporting, data logging, and more.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,253 Views)

I use 2011 and ni labview DAQ max 9.4 but the software does not read the data on the function assistans. thank'sCat Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,033 Views)