From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Task with several channels

Hello

I am using the PXIe-6365 card which I would like to use to count edges. Therefore I setup in MAX a task ("CountEdges") for two channels. Each channel should count the edges on two independent inputs while the inputs are not read at the same time. 

Now I get following error message in MAX when using the same counter (using PFI4 and PFI8):

NI1.jpg

on the other hand when using two counters (ctr0, ctr1) I still get an error message:

NI2.jpg

Is this not possible the have two channels in the same tasks? Of course I can use several tasks but then I am wondering why I have the option to use several channels here.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(796 Views)

@Norick17 wrote:

Is this not possible the have two channels in the same tasks? Of course I can use several tasks but then I am wondering why I have the option to use several channels here.

As your error message states, you cannot have multiple counters in a task.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(758 Views)

this means only for "multiple counters"? It also does not work if I am using the same counter for instance "ctr0".

Second question: does it matter which PFI is used for the counters? I can not find anything stated in the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(755 Views)