From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Mis read signal

Hi I am using PXI 6220 DAQ device I am able to read voltage from 0 to 15 volts when exceeding 15 volts DAQ reads the signal wrongly 

Regards

Pradeep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,996 Views)

Since the max input voltage is 10V as you should certainly know, what would expect?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,987 Views)

I'm surprised it worked up to 15V.  The spec states that any input greater than 11V (relative to ground) will damage the board.  Or do you have a buffer circuit to divide down the voltage?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,982 Views)

I am Using voltage Divider 1k and 9k so i am dividing by 10 so i can read voltage upto 100 volts when it reads 15 volts my DAQ reads 1.5 volts when it exceeds 15 volts my DAQ reads different values other than the respective values

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,975 Views)

Are you applying a scale in DAQmx?  What range are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,970 Views)

I am using -10to 10 since my voltage sense is differential  i am using I am able to sense upto 15 volts by using a voltage divider which divides by 10 when exceeding 15 volts  i have problem

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,951 Views)

Can you measure the voltage at the input terminal of the DAQ device (after the divider) using a voltmeter? This would provide an independent check that you have not mis-wired the divider or that the divider ratio is not what you expected.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,944 Views)

Yes I checked it its perfect but in my DAQ its reading the value in a wrong way.

Regards

Pradeep

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,935 Views)