Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant issue

I'm working with LabView 7.0 on a PC running Windows XP. My DAQ card is a National Instruments BNC-2110. I'm attemtping to write a program that will output a true/false signal to an external circuit through the DAQ card. I attempted to look through the manual for this software, but i'm not finding what it says in the manual on my program. Basically, i want the software to send the signal to turn on a speaker. In the manual it says that I can use the "DAQ Assistant" express VI to light up a real LED. I figured I could manipulate that to operate the speaker. However, when I bring up the DAQ Assistant express VI, it doesn't look anything like what's in the manual. It has no places to hook up any inputs, outputs, or controls. Is there some other place I should be looking? Or do you know of any other way I can get a true/false signal from LabView out through the DAQ card?

I can figure out most of the signal conditioning to get the t/f signal. I just need to get that signal out to my circuit via the DAQ card.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,435 Views)
Your DAQ board is not a BNC-2110. The 2110 is just a terminal block that connects to an actual DAQ board in the PC. Assuming that you actually have one of these, when the DAQ Assistant starts, you pick the type of task you want to do. In your case, you will probably want Digital I/O>Line Output. After you select that, then you will be shown a list of supported physical channels for your board. This is where you get to pick the actual line of the DAQ board that will drive your external LED.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,425 Views)