From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistant Issue with NI-DAQmx 17 Driver

Solved!
Go to solution

I am experiencing an issue with the DAQ Assistant function after installing the NI-DAQmx 17.0.0 driver from NI's website. I also selected "Search for important messages and updates on NI products being installed". There were no notifications that were alerted.

I am using LabVIEW 2017 64-bit  (Student and Home edition) on Windows 7.

I have restarted the PC after completing the installation. 

When selecting the DAQ Assistant function, the DAQ Assistant wizard is initialized, I then proceed to select the measurement type (Analogue In/Analogue Output, for voltage respectively). The NI modules being used are NI-9264 (AO) and NI-9201 (AI).  I proceed through the wizard ensuring that all parameters were selected within the correct range. Upon completion of the DAQ Assistant Wizard there is a long delay (1 minute) and the DAQ Assistant remains un-configurable as shown below.

DAQAssistantProblem.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,108 Views)

I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling LabVIEW but was wondering if anyone had a different approach in mind, to save me burning daylight.Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,084 Views)

I've taken the "burn daylight" approach, wish me luck. I'll keep you posted if it resolves the issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,079 Views)

I've uninstalled LabVIEW & DAQmx and reinstalled. Unfortunately the issue remains unresolved... I think I'll need to raise a ticket with NI. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,071 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author neunited

I had to uninstall every driver and program associated to LabVIEW and then reinstall. 

The DAQ Assistant block is now working.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,012 Views)