Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Custom DAQmx Task for use in NI Max

Hi All,

I want to use a MAX Task which measures the PWM from an analog input similiar to the post https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Measuring-PWM-duty-cycle-with-Analog-Input/td-p/2451380 with the DAQmx API(I don't have LabView). I want to get this working in a Task in NI Max, so that the specific task only returns a value representing the duty cycle. That's because i want to get the task working in the software Vector Canoe.

Is this possible without the use of Labview, Measurement Studio or LabWindows/CVI?

Best regards,

jw97

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,093 Views)

Briefly, no.

The task you can create in MAX can only cover the analog *sampling*, not any of the additional software-based post-processing needed to calculate a duty cycle.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,080 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that i can't create such a task within NI Max.

Is there no other way to create such a task in Visual Studio and use it in NI Max as a Task?

For Example use a custom Task as a Plugin in NI Max.

Best Regards,

jw97

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,979 Views)

@jw97 wrote:

Is there no other way to create such a task in Visual Studio and use it in NI Max as a Task?

You have the roles reversed.  MAX is nothing more than a configuration manager.  Visual Studio is a programming environment that can use the tasks established in MAX to capture data and analyze it.  I want to say you can do what you are requesting with FlexLogger (have not used it, so no promises).  But for something as simple as you are asking for, DAQExpress might be a good way to go.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,950 Views)

I'm not familiar with any kind of "plugins" for MAX.  Maybe this is a newish capability I'm not even aware of?  Attaching to external, uncontrolled code is kinda against the "spirit" of MAX as I've come to know it.  Overall I'm kinda doubtful though I can't answer with certainty.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,939 Views)

Hello,

i want to create my own task like this guy here, see attachment. Is there way to add my own function: Instead of a simple volt measurement I want to measure and calculate a PWM_DutyCycle. The calculated value of the DutyCycle shall be written in a network variable where I can access it via CANoe. In CANoe I want to change a value of a network variable and the PWM_Measurement starts.

NI MAX added function --> Variable "Activate PWM" set to true --> Measurement starts --> e.g. network variable "PWM_DutyCycle" set to 50 (%) --> CANoe reads the network variable.

Reason: Adding function easily in NI MAX for other users.

Programs I use: Visual Studio 2019, CANoe v13

Thanks for help 🙂

greetings

p_dieng

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,601 Views)