Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash when selecting digital lines

Solved!
Go to solution

Today I was trying to get the routing in the DAQmx card working. Whereas I first was using an external connector to wire a counter to a PFI line, I thought of routing this internally. It was working and thus had to restart the pc to check if it was still working after the reboot.

Since the reboot, LV 2012 keeps crashing at the VI, see:

daq crash_01.png

The culprit is the selector for choosing the digital output lines for the DAQmx, but I cannot find out why and also I cannot solve it. I first had the list of output lines and selected the correct ones. Now the list is empty. When selecting the dropdown list, after a few clicks LV crashes. However, I don't understand it reports it cannot find the hard disk \Device\Harddisk\DR1. I have only one hard disk in this system and that one is properly working.

The lvlog.txt shows the error might has to do with the transact.cpp (1454):

<DEBUG_OUTPUT>
06/03/2013 15:48:41.014
DAbort 0xAC17A51A: stashed text after mouse-><27>
e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2012patch\dev\source\editor\transact.cpp(1454) : DAbort 0xAC17A51A: stashed text after mouse-><27>
minidump id: ab53c62e-6dc7-4702-b477-645b916e4663
$Id: //labview/branches/2012patch/dev/source/editor/transact.cpp#1 $

daq crash_02.png

Attached are the VIs of the project and the log files.

I tried the following:

- reset the devices in MAX 

- reset the configuration data in MAX

- restart the computer

- cleared compiled object cache

Labview specs are:

####
#Date: mer 6 mar 2013 15:44:44
#OSName: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
#OSVers: 6.1
#OSBuild: 7601
#AppName: LabVIEW
#Version: 12.0f3 32-bit
#AppKind: FDS
#AppModDate: 10/04/2012 15:12 GMT
#LabVIEW Base Address: 0x00400000

MAX version: 5.3.1

The questions I have are:

- does it crash also for you when creating a constant for the lines at Digital output Create Channel.vi in the DDS-Config.vi?

- does anyone has any suggestions on what I could try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harlequinade

Hi,

I can create the DAQmx constant with no problem and also display the digital lines available with the DAQ device I have connected to my PC.

Did you try to create the constant directly with Create>> Constant for lines input?

Can you create the DAQmx constant in a new, blank VI? Are you able to insert a DAQmx name control on the front panel from Modern >> I/O palette?

As I cannot reproduce the crash, it seems that something got corrupted in your installation. You can try to repair LabVIEW and DAQmx software and in case it doesn't work you can try to reinstall software.

Bye,

Licia

Message 2 of 3
(2,977 Views)

I have now upgraded to DAQmx 9.7.0 and this seems to have solved the problem. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,969 Views)