Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Servo Hydraulic Motor by NI 9263

Hello everyone,

I have a 5-Axis simulator,  uses five "Global Servo Hydraulic 550" motor, and I want to control them with two NI 9263. I have cables with one end of MS3106F14S-2S  and one end of pigtail. Can someone help me and guide me through connecting these cables to my modules? I attached the picture of spec sheet for the termination head.

I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Bardiya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,286 Views)

Hello BAK777,

From the screenshot is seems like you are trying to communicate with an EtherCAT device. Is your intention to use the 9263 to communicate over EtherCat? You will not be able to communicate over EtherCat using the 9263. This is an analog output module and will not provide EtherCat communication to your system. Please clarify the role of the NI 9263 in your application.

What hardware platform are you using for this application (cRIO\cDAQ)? Typicaly, if you want to use LabVIEW to communicate to an EtherCat device, you will need a CompactRIO controller or chassis. I would recommend looking through the documentation below for further details.

Setting Up EtherCAT on NI Programmable Automation Controllers:
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10555/en/

Adding Third-Party EtherCAT® Slaves in LabVIEW:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FDA1318A8909D02C862574510060DB62

Regards,

j_bou

Message 2 of 4
(4,242 Views)

Yes, you are right, this is in an EtherCAT device.

We are using NI cRIO-9024 and 9118 chassis. We have two NI 9263 for the servo motor, one NI 9205 for our tri-axial load cell, two NI 9237 for our load cells and sensors, and one NI 9203 for our RVDT and LVDTs.

Can I use our NI 9263 for our EtherCAT device with this cRIO? What should I do if I can't use it?

I look at the links that you shared very soon. I appreciate your help and guidance, thank you so much.

Best,

Bardiya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,233 Views)

Hello BAK777,

You can use the cRIO-9024 controller to perform the EtherCat communication. Any cRIO that has a real-time operating system and an available ethernet port can be an EtherCat master. The actual EtherCat communication does not occur using a C-Series module. You must connect the EtherCat device to the Ethernet port of the cRIO.

I am confused as to what exactly you want to do with the 9263. This module cannot be used to perform EtherCat communication (it is just an Anaolog output device) and I would not recommend using it to power the servo motor. If you just want to control the motor, I wonder if you would not be better off with a digital output card. How is the Servo Hydraulic Motor controlled? Does it just wait for commands through EtherCat or does it change its position based on an inputted signal duty cycle (for example)?

Regards,

J_bou

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,205 Views)