From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control PXI card with NiDaqMX only with bus and slot number

Hie,

I have several PXI multifunction cards in my PXI  chassis : I want to control them with the NiDaqMX library, but I don't want to access themwith their name defined in the MAX software (dev0, dev1 ... or name redefined).

I know exactly the type and where my cards are present in the PXI chassis. I want to access them by using the slot number.

Is there a possibility to do that ??

Eddy DUCHENE
12 F Chemin de Boutary
69300 CALUIRE ET CUIRE

educhene@laposte.net
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,782 Views)
You should find that also in MAX, e.g.  PXI4::0::INSTR
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,759 Views)
It is when using VISA, not when using DaqMX.
Eddy DUCHENE
12 F Chemin de Boutary
69300 CALUIRE ET CUIRE

educhene@laposte.net
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,746 Views)

Hi,

It is possible with a bit of programming. I'm not sure what API you're using, but you'll need to use a DAQmx system property node Device names (DAQmxGetSysDevNames() in C) to get the device names in your system, and feed those values into the Active Device (device property node) in LabVIEW and then query the pxi slot number. With C you would use: DAQmxGetDevPXISlotNum().

This should get you the devices at the slots. You can also use the Product type property if you want to search that way (ie PXI-6259).

Hope this helps, please post back if you have any questions.  

Andrew S

Message Edited by stilly32 on 10-20-2008 10:49 AM
Message Edited by stilly32 on 10-20-2008 10:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,723 Views)