From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous sampling of unbuffered ports

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to use a USB6356 device to sample a set of digital signals continuously (until the user presses a stop button) but when creating the task I get a warning that say ports 1 and 2 don't support buffered operation. I guess this means that I can only acquire a predefined number of samples.

I have thought of creating a loop with feedback nodes and this way retrieve one sample at a time from each channel and save these samples in an array but here I face the problem of timing, as the smallest delay I can set for the loop is 1ms (so the largest sampling rate would be 1KHz). 

Any ideas about how I can overcome this?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author thehun
The device has only 8 pins that are hardware timed (port 0) and with software timed acquisition, the MAX rate is around 1kHz. You should get a better card if you need higher rates for that many pins.
Message 2 of 3
(3,606 Views)

Thanks, I guess I will either need to reduce the number of signals and send them all to port 0 or get a new card. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,599 Views)