Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuation on my question "The board PC-LPM-16 , PCI-6032E , PCI-6033 are with conversion sample-hold ?

In my question I wanted to ask if such cards have a negligible ( not a null ) delay between a channel and another ( for istance 1/max rate of board also at slowly acquisitions ) .
Is it possible to know the delay of my cards and of the National Instr. cards in general ?
Message 1 of 2
(2,096 Views)
I will try to explain the interchannel delay of the 6032E, based on the parameters provided in the catalog 2002.

The maximum sampling speed of the board is for all of the channels. That means, if one channel is read, it can be sampled up to 100KS/s. If three channels are read, each one will be sampled at a maxium of 33.33 KS/s.

The delay among the samples for consecutive channels is constant, and it is the maximum speed of the board. For this case (pci-6032e), it is 10 us (microseconds) (1/100KS/s).

On the other hand, if you sample one single channel at 50KS/s, the delay among the samples will be 20 us.

If two channels are sampled at 20,000 samples per second, the first sample would take place in time 0s, the second would take place in 10 us, the third
(that is the second of the first channel would be in time 50 ns, the forth (second of second channel) in time 60 ns. Thus, the delay among samples of consecutive channels is always 10 ns, but the delay among consecutive samples of the same channel is defined by the specified sampling frequency. The delay between the sample of the last channel and the first channel is defined then by the sampling frequency and by the number of channels.

Hope this information is helpful.

L Aguila
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,096 Views)